[ubuntu-za] Karma vs Windows 7

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Tue Oct 27 05:23:56 GMT 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:23:20 +0200, Gavin <netmatters at gmail.com> wrote:
> My point was to just highlight that it would be ignorant to promote a
> false sense of security by saying that Ubuntu users are immune to all
> viruses/spyware because then they will think that nothing can go wrong
> and they are 'totally' safe with their trusty and impenetrable OS.

False sense of security? I have been using Linux for 5 years now, with zero
protection, and I haven't had one instance of virii, trojans, spyware, or
any of the other stuff you've mentioned. Sure there isn't any OS that is
100% safe, but for the most part, Linux is pretty darn secure. If you're
that worried about security why do you even run Linux? Why not run a
hardened OpenBSD?

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/