[ubuntu-za] Karmic Network Manager borked

Marius Bock marius.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:13:18 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:32 PM, David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) <
ethnopunk at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> This is what    /etc/network/interfaces looks like:
>
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>

> auto dsl-provider
> iface dsl-provider inet ppp
> pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf
> provider dsl-provider
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet manual
>

> Should I # out the lines containing eth0?
>
> comment or remove all the lines except the top 2 ie

auto lo
iface lo net loopback

If you just use eth0 then Network Manager should connect fine.  If you use
DSL connection (PPPOE) then Network Manager is borked and you should upgrade
to the trunk PPA version that has some bugs fixed .. not all yet.