[ubuntu-za] Video Broadcast Controller

Robert Holm robhholm at lantic.net
Thu May 14 22:38:19 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 20:19 +0200, wayne wrote:
> Robert Holm wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 11:44 +0200, Robert Holm wrote:
> >

> > I don't want to give up on this too easily. Does anyone have any idea
> > what determines rc5 and rc4, or what the letters "rc" even stand for, so
> > that I can delve a little deeper?
>

> Sorry on that one,, Release candidate,maybe try to upgrade i2c.
>
> BTW, U made me delve into my install and Behold I've got my audio
> working, using > sox -c 2 -s -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp
> -w -r 32000 /dev/dsp
>
> Oh and I got rid of this crappy, Pulse. For me anyway.

Well I'm pleased that you gained something out of assisting me. :-)

Actually my system is completely up to date as far as upgrades go.

I'm now inclined to think that "rc" stands for "runlevel compatibility".
In /etc/event.d there are scripts for rc0, rc1, rc2 etc etc, each of
which executes a different run level in /etc/init.d/rc. The executables
in /etc/init.d, and I quote, "Starts/stops services on runlevel
changes".

Do you think the problem might be that the TVtime software is calling
for the incorrect runlevel? If that is the case maybe the only solution
would be to get the source code and make the alteration.

Or am I talking absolute nonsense?

Robert