[ubuntu-za] Running Sugar on Ubuntu

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Tue Mar 10 13:40:54 GMT 2009

Some of you may be aware of the wonderful OLPC project
http://laptop.org/ and its Sugar desktop. Following the instructions
posted here:

http://www.nubae.com/sugar-on-ltsp-ubuntu-intrepid-ibex

I installed Sugar and it works! A lot better than in emulation and its
in an Ubuntu session. All good, problem is I can't seem to get the
method for editing the .xsession, so whenever I log into the desktop, I
have to cold reboot in order to get out of the session. Any suggestions
for Hardy?

Just BTW, I think OLPC is doing a fine job motivating educators and we
are going to see some amazing work coming of the combination of Ubuntu
and Sugar. Very inspiring indeed!