[ubuntu-za] Special characters (compose key)

CM Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Wed Jan 14 18:17:51 GMT 2009

That's so easy!  It works like a charm 'out of the box'. I just had to
be told the correct compose key - thanks for that.

I had already tried the 'normal' left alt key.  I did not realise that
the left and right alt keys are treated as distinct.

What do you mean the special character comes through as '?' from the
mailing list - I see the é (see, I can do it too now :-) ) just fine in
your name in the mailing list emails.  I am using Thunderbird.  Or did I
misunderstand you?

Regards,
Chris