[ubuntu-za] Official Intrepid CDs available

Phillip Pare ptpare at lantic.net
Thu Feb 5 21:51:47 GMT 2009

Why not ask Incredible Connection stores and Computer Corporation stores
to stock a couple of dozen copies each and sell them at a nominal price
of R10 each? This will give you some idea of the demand for them as well
as letting the average computer used be exposed to them.

What would be even better though would be to sell localised versions of
Ubuntu DVD's that contain all the medibuntu software as well as Wine.
Someone on this list mentioned a few months back that he had produced
such a compilation with a professional looking cover. Having an updated
version of Wine available means that you will be able to tap into the
Windows gaming market as well.

If the DVD is a live DVD together with Evolution for Windows then you
will be able to allow people to experience open source software and
overcome what used to be a large objection to the lack of an integrated
Office application like Outlook.

Regards

Phillip