[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Township Outreach

Hilton Theunissen hilton at inkululeko.co.za
Sun Aug 30 15:16:08 BST 2009

Charl take them to Saxonwold Primary School(tuXlab), Aldswold road
Saxonwold(close to rosebank). 40 seat fat client edubuntu network. I
think we maybe had 2-3 downtimes instances, under 10 reboots since March
2008.  Simone use www.theingots.org to track learner progress, delivered
over 400 certificates to date. We deployed www.inveneo.org terminals but
you can use any old machine(p3 higher with 256mb ram) to run the same
system. Our big winner here is always on Internet. we ssh into the
system to deal with any small issues.

Hilton Theunissen
Inkululeko Technologies (Pty)Ltd
E-mail: hilton at inkululeko.co.za
Skype: hiltontheunissen
Gtalk: hiltontza
Mobile: +27 72 900800 1
Fax2mail: +27 86 604 2553

Inkululeko means Freedom
"Liberty without learning is always in peril and learning without
liberty is always in vain." John F.Kennedy