[ubuntu-za] Quake Live and the new engine under Linux

Wikus Cornelius wikusc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:15:43 BST 2009

Quintin van Rooyen wrote:

> AHEM!
>
> Unreal tournament ships WITH a linux installed included on the disk.
Oops, you are correct, but what kind of person will play UT if he can
play Quake… I am just joking, I enjoyed playing UT (on Windows and
Linux) as well.

There is a long-past-promised-release date for a UT3 port to Linux, but
I lost interest since they do not get to the point where they can
actually release it. It is apparently still in the pipeline:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI4Ng