[ubuntu-za] Quake Live and the new engine under Linux

Wikus Cornelius wikusc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:52:57 BST 2009

Lee Sharp wrote:
> If you read here...
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/08/24/0059218
>
> "John Carmack, the lead developer for id's Tech 5 graphics engine, does
> not plan on making a Linux port for the new engine."
>
> But he also says...
>
> "If there are hundreds of thousands of Linux users playing Quake Live
> when we are done with Rage, that would certainly influence our decision."
>
> So, go to https://www.quakelive.com and sign up. It is free.  Only play
> in Linux.  :)
>
> 			Lee

Quake live rock! According to me the ID Tech 3 engine was one the best
fast action first person shooter engines ever designed by man! Back in
the days of Qukae III, Quake use to be my middle name. It will be a sad
day for me if ID decides not to release a Linux port for the new engine.
All the ID games I played so far were well supported in Linux and I
cannot really say that of any other game development company.

Regards,

Wikus "Quake" Cornelius