[ubuntu-za] upgrade or not

Alf Stockton alf at stockton.co.za
Wed Oct 22 08:53:34 BST 2008

Vijay Makanjee wrote:
> I don't mind the change on my PCs. It is my ibook g3 that concerns me.
> Some time ago, I got Hardy working well on it with relatively no
> hiccups. Prior to that the pain of moving to Fiesty (on the ibook) was
> enough to make me a moody shit. I want to avoid that!

I have been burnt too many times on both mainframes as well as PCs doing
upgrades, therefore my suggestion is only upgrade if you really have to. If
you do not have to upgrade don't.
As I suspect has happened to one or two others, upgrading to hardy burnt me so
I need to be sold on why I would want to upgrade to ibex.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson