[ubuntu-za] Firestarter firewall

G Christie gcchristie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:42:15 BST 2008

> > There is a GUI setting to set the interfaces: Edit > Preferences >
> > Network Settings. There's also a wizard to configure it on first
> > usage: Firewall > Run Wizard.

Hi Robert

A bit late but this might still help.

I use Firestarter all the time on my desktop ubuntu boxes.
I found that Firestarter only seems to monitor 1 nic at a time and
when I switch between wireless and wired modes I need to rerun the
wizard in the preferences menu to tell Firestarter which interface I
am using for Internet access.

The history you mentioned from eth0 is probably still shown because
the eth0 interface is still active/enabled (but disconnected).

Regards
Gary