[ubuntu-za] How To - A form of workshop

Tim Johnson tim at pteq.net
Sat Nov 22 10:26:14 GMT 2008

I agree with Raoul... Workshops are great with the right group of people
and with a fairly disciplined agenda.  They tend to dissolve into chaos if
someone does not take charge and maintain control.  If one person corners
an expert to solve their problem or give specific advice, others tend to
lose out and frustration builds.

The wiki idea:

	a.	creates a permanent archive
	b.	eliminates the geographic problem and transport costs
	c.	solves the venue issue
	d.	solves problem of available computers; and
	e.	enables everyone to add their straaltjie.

I think we must just avoid duplicating the Ubuntu forum... the source of
all Ubutu Knowledge  :D
A good way to start would be a simple listing of the following:

	a.	I use the following apps for xyz at what level eg
		i.	Scribus (DTP) Expert
		ii.	The GIMP (Image Processing) Advanced
		iii.	VLC (Media Playing) Learner..... etc

	b.	I am looking for an app to do the following:

		i.	Build virtual picture frames to place around images.
		ii.	High level strategic wargames
		iii.	... etc

This combination should provide a start highlighting requirements and
indicating who to go to for advice on various packages.  We can expand
 from there.

Tim

--
Tim Johnson