[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu workshops?

Sudhashen Naicker sudhashen at ixion.co.za
Fri Nov 21 16:16:50 GMT 2008

This would be great.

I've learnt a bit from howto's/tips and tricks etc to the point now where I can't do without my laptop.  I'm just so used to the conveniences I've established.

An idea probably for a workshop is to get people together to demonstrate how they use their desktops for everyday tasks.

How and why they created simple bash scripts for some tasks.

What extensions are used for firefox.

Etc etc.

Show and tell is a far better medium to get people hooked and working better on linux.

I could also host the venue if the numbers are right at our Midrand offices.  Pretty central for most I would think.

How about that? :-)