[ubuntu-za] Glossary on the Wiki

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Wed Nov 12 14:42:52 GMT 2008

Hi guys,

A friend of mine who recently moved over to Kubuntu was asking me some
questions about "folders" versus "directories" and other terminology, so I
thought it would be a good idea to create a glossary on the Ubuntu-ZA wiki.
With a glossary, folks who are new to Linux and don't understand all these
new words can learn the terminology.

Without much further ado:

http://ubuntu-za.org/Glossary

This is just a start, I jotted down some terms that I've been asked fairly
often in the past, so go ahead and add more. Remember that the intended
audience of the wiki is chiefly Windows users who have recently converted
to Linux, so keep the explanations simple.

Have fun!

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/