[ubuntu-za] DVD writer

Ivo Vegter ivo at hivemind.net
Tue May 13 17:36:03 BST 2008

Robert Holm wrote:
> I need to replace my IDE dvd writer and I discover that SATA units are
> more freely available - and cheaper.
>
> I have never used a SATA device and before spending the money I would
> just like to know whether I can expect any difficulties.

No problems with SATA drives here, either internal or external.

At least, none until Eskom fried my E-SATA and Ethernet ports. Ubuntu
couldn't handle hardware failure.

--
Ivo Vegter    | http://ivo.co.za/ <-- Fun
+27-842102003 | ivo at hivemind.net <-- Work

  "Policies are judged by their consequences,
  but crusades are judged by how good they
  make the crusaders feel." - Thomas Sowell