[ubuntu-za] Restore Problems with Thunderbird

vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Wed Dec 10 19:58:39 GMT 2008

I have been doing a nightly backup, using Simple Backup & today due to
problems with my printer, decided in my wisdom to do a restore, again
using Simple Restore.  This worked well although it didn't fix my
printer problem - However I'm now sitting with tons of folders, that
restore has put into Thunderbird, along with all the other folders I had
created in my in box for various firms & people.

Some of these contain duplicate emails of the originals. e.g..  a folder
for  Matt will  will have underneath another folder containing the same
emails, underneath that will be another folder, some empty & others
containing emails.

Is there a way to remove all these extra folders?

TB will allow me to delete some, but where it's created two folders with
the same extension number, these I can't remove.

All I want is to get back to having just the original folders without  a
whole family of Matt's underneath.

In all other area's, e.g.. Documents, this type of duplication hasn't
occurred, only TB.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Vince