[ubuntu-za] OPen Office

Bill Cairns pops at cairnsgames.co.za
Mon Sep 10 07:22:30 BST 2007

Ja ja I know this is an Ubuntu forum and not Open Office, but you people
are so smart that I thought I would chance it ...

A weird problem - that when I take a document from MS Word to my Unbuntu
machine and open it with Open Office writer, it gets itself into a knot
with its spelling and can't even find simple words (actors, roles,
watching). My language settings are all set to English (UK). Should I be
setting something else somewhere?

I do not have the same problem when I start a document in OO on the
Ubuntu side even if I save it as an MS Office 6 document.