[ubuntu-za] Gnumeric Re: 2nd hand laptop

Phillip Pare ptpare at lantic.net
Mon May 28 13:03:28 BST 2007

Richard Davin wrote:
> A company my wife works for is getting rid of about 150 desktops and
> some laptops.
> I have attached a spreadsheet of the available laptops.
I downloaded a Windows XP copy of Gnumeric 1.6.3  to read your
spreadsheet. It was about 16 MB but it seems to work well on XP with
even the vlookup functions working correctly. I could not open the help
file from the program but could access it on the net. It seemes to load
and save excel files correctly. Has anybody compared gnumeric with
OpenOffice calc from a user's point of view. What are the advantages
disadvantages on either side? In terms of features I notice that
wikipedia has an article comparing various office suites
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_office_suites

Regards

Phillip