[ubuntu-za] MySQL

Gustav H Meyer ghmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:50:50 BST 2007

Hi,

Jason Norwood-Young wrote:
> MySql isn't needed for your base system. It's possible that something
> else you installed relies on MySql. If you try to uninstall it
> Synaptic should tell you if there are any dependencies.

I also haven't specifically installed mysql but have the following
installed:

$ aptitude search mysql|grep ^i
i   libmysqlclient15off             - mysql database client library
i   mysql-common                    - mysql database common files (e.g.

Don't know why. Yet. :)

What would the commandline apt or dpkg command be to find reverse
dependencies?

Regards,
Gustav