[ubuntu-za] Graphics tablet

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Sat Aug 25 09:57:06 BST 2007

Hi all!

I want to purchase a graphics tablet for use with Inkscape and Gimp.
There are none of these items listed on the Ubuntu hardware support web
page. In Inkscape they suggest a Wacom, but these appear to be for
professional use and the prices are unaffordable.
I have found a supplier for the Acecad flair II GT-504, but they cannot
confirm that it will work with Ubuntu, only with Mac OS 8.6 and 'that
other operating system'.
In /lib/modules/2.6.20-15-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/input/ there are
files named acecad.ko and wacom.ko, so it seems that the Acecad may be
supported, but I can't afford to purchase it on the off-chance.
Is anyone using one of these devices?

Regards

Rob