[ubuntu-za] Free Pascal and Lazarus - Delphi compatibility on Linux

Phillip Pare ptpare at lantic.net
Fri Aug 17 10:28:43 BST 2007

Hi all

I would like to install a) Free Pascal with the Lazarus libraries and b)
the Northern Sotho localisation of Open Office in a Tux Lab in a remote
rural school in Limpopo. They do not have internet access in their
laboratory so I need to burn the necessary files to a DVD and then
physically carry out the install on their Tux Lab server.

The Lazarus is necessary for the school to offer Higher grade Computer
Science (ie IT) using their Linux machines.

If anybody has experience in this area, please could they give me an
idea of all the files that I should download for the job.

I have burnt the Fiesty 7.04 desktop -i386 DVD from the University of
Pretoria Mirror, but I can't seem to find the Lazarus files on this DVD.

Dwayne Bailey has suggested that the Open Office Northern Sotho language
pack should be within a meta package that carries the translations. Does
anybody know how to find this meta package on the Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04 or
on the Ubuntu LTS 6.06 DVD?

Thank you.

Regards

Phillip