[ubuntu-x] New nvidia experimental driver packages coming soon for 12.04

Michael Wisheu wisheu at google.com
Fri Oct 12 09:14:30 UTC 2012

Hi Byrce,

Thanks for the great explanation and I agree that it makes sense this way.
Please note that we've seen another bug with 304.43 and later (but might
affect also earlier 304.x driver versions) on Precise that cause X server
crashes under certain circumstances.
The circumstances are:
* Multi-monitor setup
* At least one screen is in portrait orientation
* X server crashes once monitors should leave standby
* Disabling DPMS prevents the X server crashes

NVIDIA has confirmed this issue last week and they are working on a fix.
They are tracking the issue under number 1060346. There is no Launchpad bug
for this issue.

Best,

Michael