[ubuntu-x] New nvidia experimental driver packages coming soon for 12.04

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Thu Oct 11 23:12:47 UTC 2012

We are introducing new 'experimental' driver packages for NVIDIA, which
will be available via the Additional Hardware Drivers setup tool for
12.04 user (and 12.10 too).  These packages will provide NVIDIA's beta
drivers, which are required for certain commercial games.

There is an nvidia-experimental-304 package which isn't really a beta
driver, just what we've been using for testing.  The first real beta
package will be nvidia-experimental-310; it should be coming some time
later this month.

For Intel, there will be a PPA upgrade available for 12.04 gamers.

For more details, see my blog:
  http://www.bryceharrington.org/wordpress/?p=91

Bryce