[ubuntu-x] latest xinput/multitouch support?

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at canonical.com
Wed Mar 14 18:56:02 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 07:03 AM, Aljoša Mohorović wrote:
> i've installed 12.04 beta1 (+dist-upgrade) and i'm looking for the
> latest xinput2.2 library/api but it looks like 1.x is available.
> any way i can get the latest xinput?
> various ppa archives are outdated or provide snapshots of current
> development sources, i'm just looking for the latest stable stuff.
>
> if it's not possible to get the latest stable stuff, could somebody
> point me to the docs/howto for building xorg stuff on ubuntu?
> do i need anything else except build-essentials and how do i create
> deb packages from source (how do you do it for official releases)?

Ubuntu Precise has the full XInput 2.2 multitouch stack. If you want to
look at an XInput API example, I suggesting browsing in the xinput
package when run with --test-xi2. GTK+ and Qt also have touch events
hooked up. Lastly, if you want to use gestures I suggest having a look
at the various uTouch projects.

Thanks!

-- Chase