[ubuntu-x] xorg-edgers may be unstable next day or two

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Tue Jan 25 21:38:28 UTC 2011

Thanks everyone who has been testing xorg-edgers.  It has proven a good
staging area for the natty X stack.

As we begin transitioning the components into the main archive, this
may lead to some instabilities in xorg-edgers as some packages need to
be reconcilled with what's been added to natty.  Unfortunately, other
priorities are higher at the moment so we won't be able to tend to these
fixes soon.

Because of this, we'd recommend uninstalling xorg-edgers for the time
being and running stock natty.  This is the best way you can help us
with testing X right now.

With Alpha-2 we will be finished with our staging work, and so
xorg-edgers will return to being upstream snapshot packages, until next
release cycle.

Thanks,
Bryce