[ubuntu-x] Xserver 1.9 / 1.10 decision

Eric Appleman erappleman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 01:10:28 GMT 2010

On 11/30/2010 03:16 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 09:19:36PM +1100, Christopher James Halse Rogers wrote:
>> Hey Ubuntu-Xers.
>> At UDS we decided to defer deciding between Xserver 1.9 and 1.10 for
>> Natty until the close of the 1.10 merge window, to gauge how dangerous
>> 1.10 is likely to be.
>> The merge window closes tomorrow, and there doesn't seem to be anything
>> particularly flammable.  There's lots of cleanup, the new input stuff
>> that we'll be getting anyway, and some extra GLX infrastructure which
>> drivers may want to hook into.
>> This all looks fairly benign, so I suggest we go with 1.10 for Natty.
>> What do other Xers think?
> I like the sound of 'benign'.
> We'd discussed a plan of putting snapshots of it into xorg-edgers, to
> get the packaging work squared away and get some light testing under our
> belt, and then plan on rolling it into release post-holidays.  Does that
> still seem to be a sensible strategy?
> Bryce
Fence sync just landed at the last minute. Is 1.10 now a no-go for Natty?

- Eric

More information about the Ubuntu-x mailing list