[ubuntu-x] Will UXA be the default for Jaunty without fiddling around with xorg.conf?

Eric Appleman erappleman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 07:40:03 GMT 2009

I must ask then: If no UXA by default, how will visible the performance
loss from 2.4.x to 2.6.x be ameliorated?

On a happier note though, if you need help testing anything on a 945GM,
I'll be glad to help.

Also, from what I have observed the upstream fixes in tormod's 2.6.99
driver have really made a difference in performance for me over the
2.6.0 in the main repo. I can only imagine that the git tree will be
golden by the time March or early April rolls around. But then again, I
don't know which freeze date you guys are subject to. If UXA doesn't
make it, it'll be a shame, but at least I can be somewhat relieved that
there will be little excuse to not make it default along with KMS by the
time Jaunty+1 rolls around. :3

- Eric