[ubuntu-x] Monitor size given wrong

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Mon Mar 31 23:25:23 BST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 07:17:13PM +0530, shirish wrote:
> Hi all,
> Damn. Just realized that the Monitor Resolution Settings is giving an
> incorrect reading. Its showing as 15" Philips monitor while its a 17"
> Philips monitor. Where should I file the bug (which package) and what
> information is needed to be attached for the same. I'm using the
> intel-modesetting driver (and not the i810) driver.

Hmm, sounds like the tool is not detecting your monitor correctly.  This
should be filed against gnome-desktop (which is the package that
incldues the underlying code that Screen Resolution uses.)

There's a few other things to check; please see the following link:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Debugging#head-6ef84e81581b8f0e4120987ed8325ddd66b4adc6

Bryce