[ubuntu-x] New auto-xorg-git.sh

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:38:10 GMT 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 9:32 PM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.org> wrote:
> Attached.  This adds some support for doing automatic packaging for
> lib's, proto's, etc. (need the -p flag).  Also, I've peppered it with
> some TODO's that could benefit from your review.
>
> Also attached is a (simple-minded) driver script to run auto-xorg-git
> for all proto's and lib's.  I'd like to see auto-xorg-git.sh improved to
> a point where the driver script runs successfully on all these
> packages.  I think it's just requiring some better git merge logic or
> something.

Hi Bryce,

Here is version 6, some new options and some defaults changed:
* Changes Maintainer only if running on Ubuntu
* DROP_DEBIAN_PATCHES defaults to no
* DEBIANREPO defaults to origin/debian-experimental, can be changed with -d
* -b to choose upstream branch (defaults to master)
* -s to force Build-depends xorg-server-dev version (for backporting)
* -e to add epoch to the autodetected version

Examples:

Make radeonhd driver for Gutsy (build-depends for xorg-server-dev 2:1.3)
 auto-xorg-git -s 2:1.3 radeonhd

Make ati driver from atombios branch, dropping broken patch:
 DROP_DEBIAN_PATCHES=yes auto-xorg-git -s 2:1.3 -b atombios-support ati

Make ati driver, with epoch 1: to avoid downgrade warnings:
 DROP_DEBIAN_PATCHES=yes auto-xorg-git -e 1 -s 2:1.3 ati

I guess it needs a lot of testing for other packages, and adjustments
of your xorg-pkg-all.sh.
Tormod