[UbuntuWomen] Should We Merge With Community Team?

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:48:54 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Svetlana Belkin <belkinsa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Over the whatever years, Ubuntu Women team has lost it activity.  Sure, we
> did have small spikes of activity with some of that drive for that done by
> me in the last three or so years. But still, I feel like it's not enough for
> us to be a team.
>
> Because of this, I'm suggesting that we need to merge with the Ubuntu
> Community Team [1] like what the Ubuntu Leadership team did [2].  Or is this
> a bad move since our team's focus is a bit different?

Our focus is different.
So merging won't make much sense and can potentially lead to conflict
if we become more active.
We should think of energising our team. Collaboration with other teams
including LoCOs should be looked into.
Systers is doing so well because people communicate and they have so
many activities going on all the time.

I know we have very limited support from other parts of Ubuntu ...
maybe we should plan big and then seek support.
Maybe it can work.

Best

A. Mani

Prof(Miss) A. Mani