[UbuntuWomen] New member

sugetha kch sugetha24 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:14:47 UTC 2015

Hi threre,
I am a new member at the Ubuntu Women. I am a programmer and I was looking
at some opportunities to contribute to open source. Contributing to open
source has always been on my to-do list for a very long time, but I never
got around to doing that for some reason. So, I decided to take the first
step with Ubuntu women.
A little background about myself. I have a Masters in computer science,
interested in anything and everything technology and programming. Coding is
my favorite thing to do. I work FT at a networking company, mainly
harnessing their OS capabilities to write extensions for their switches and
routers. I could say that Python and C++ are my comfortable language.
Python more so. I aim to do my PhD in the near future, so, I would be
thrilled to talk to any PhD ubuntu woman for some guidance on that.
I am a newbie to the open source community. Please do guide me. I learn
pretty fast so don't worry.
I was wondering what my next steps are? How do I start contributing? I
contacted Svetlana about the Harvest project and learned that it is in the
stage 2.

*Best,*
*Sugetha*