[UbuntuWomen] Kubuntu Membership!

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 04:41:20 UTC 2010

On Friday, October 15, 2010 10:46:24 pm Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Yay, I got Kubuntu membership today! Which is also Ubuntu membership,
> for those who aren't aware of that. It was a bit of prep work,
> spiffing up my wiki page, and asking for testimonials, and then
> setting up the meeting, which involved setting up a doodle poll
> (easy), announcing that to the kubuntu-devel list, deciding on the
> time, and announcing that to the list, and then editing the /Meetings
> wiki page.
>
> Going for straight Ubuntu membership is very much the same.

Minus the Doodle poll bit.  The membership boards all have set times they
meet.  The Americas Regional Membership Board (on which Lyz, Belinda, and I
all sit) meets next Thursday at 23:59 UTC (8PM Eastern, 5PM Pacific), so if
you've been dragging your feet...

> PS: If you think you might want to apply, and don't feel ready, start
> your wiki page NOW, and fill in activities as you do them. It's the
> best way to keep track of your accomplishments and contributions.

You can probably also just bug me, Lyz, or Belinda about "should I apply?"
Or, if you're the betting sort, Penelope is a very good predictor of who will
be accepted.  She reads the wiki pages, ponders, and then watches meetings to
see if she's right.  She usually is.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
http://mackenzie.morgan.name