[UbuntuWomen] Kubuntu Membership!

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 02:46:24 UTC 2010

Yay, I got Kubuntu membership today! Which is also Ubuntu membership,
for those who aren't aware of that. It was a bit of prep work,
spiffing up my wiki page, and asking for testimonials, and then
setting up the meeting, which involved setting up a doodle poll
(easy), announcing that to the kubuntu-devel list, deciding on the
time, and announcing that to the list, and then editing the /Meetings
wiki page.

Going for straight Ubuntu membership is very much the same. I would
urge every non-member reader, *especially* if you are female, to apply
for membership. You might think you are a newbie, but I'm as
non-techie as they come. Look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership
and follow the steps. If you want a wiki page to follow, feel free to
use mine, and fill in your own content:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/ValorieZimmerman . It brought me luck!

As maco observed in #ubuntu-women, "if 1 of the next 18 members is a
woman, we're over 5%" -- which AlanBell said is the highest ever! He
asked, "so who will be the 2^5 th female Ubuntu Member?"

Will it be YOU?

Valorie

PS: If you think you might want to apply, and don't feel ready, start
your wiki page NOW, and fill in activities as you do them. It's the
best way to keep track of your accomplishments and contributions.

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez