[UbuntuWomen] UW Project - Suggested Measurable Goals -M Release Cycle

|| स्वक्ष || vid at svaksha.com
Tue Mar 16 01:18:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 18:51, Amber Graner <akgraner at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> was requested that I break that LONG email up into topics - Measurable Goals

Thanks.

> Area 4 - Mentioning Program - revitalizing then re-introducing program to
> both the UW Project and Ubuntu Community members.

*cough* I assume you meant to write "mentoring" :) Here are some
ideas: First, we collect a potential list of mentors and the areas
(packaging, art, patches, etc...) that they would like to mentor.
Collate this data on the wiki and announce this on the Fridge. At this
point in time it would be wiser to ignore the gender of the mentor
since our primary goal is to increase the contributions from women.
I'd like to assume that a mentee would go on to assume a mentor role
in future. That is organic in itself.

> Marketing and Resources
>
> Area 5 - Re-design www.Ubuntu-Women.com website [3] The information
> on http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ [4] and on the website should reflect the
> same information, just to make the website a bit clearer and easier to
> navigate

Actually not. The static html pages are intentionally less in number
(hence less maintenance?) as a wiki was then (2006) suggested by many
as the tool to collaborate and collate ideas. Static, as *-women
projects seem to attract more trolls. It would help to bear these
points in mind while redesigning the website.

> Area 8 - Presentation at UDS -M on the Ubuntu membership status on the
> statics we've found - Part of Ubuntu Community Report Card

Since the UDS has traditionally been held in US or the EU, I'd suggest
travel sponsorship for women who are not located in those countries
but would like to attend.
Secondly, the possibility of UDS being held in various parts of the world.

--
|| vid | http://svaksha.com ||