[UbuntuWomen] Congratulations Penelope and Isabell on Ubuntu Membership!

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Wed Mar 3 08:01:37 UTC 2010

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> Not only did 2 women from the team become members this week, but 3 women
> became members in total this week! Kinouchou also became a member
> tonight: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/kinouchou
>
> I wonder if that means that women now finally break the 5% mark in terms
> of membership? It was one of Melissa's goals:
> http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UbuntuWomen/LeadershipNominations/January2010/melissa
>
> -Jonathan

not yet! The current breakdown is 27 women out of a total 564 members
which by my calculations is 4.79%. To see more of the calculations that
Laura Czajkowski will be maintaining with me going forward, have a look
at the spreadsheet here http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/members.ods
data for that is generated by a little python script that uses
python-launchpadlib to get data from launchpad.
http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/lplist.py

Alan.