[UbuntuWomen] Website Redevelopment Status

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 3 18:16:13 UTC 2010

Hey folks,

At the last meeting I briefly touched upon the status of our website
redevelopment and the plan, here's the expanded report.

The plan is to turn ubuntu-women.org into an attractive-looking (with
new branding[0]) introduction page which will be a portal to all the
team resources.

1. Move static pages to wiki and update links (on-going, this is a
task I took on)

2. Rewrite text for introduction (unassigned, will start a thread on
list when we need a draft)

3. Implement design using a template from the Ubuntu Website Team[1]
(please feel free to join this team if you want to help out with new
community-based themes! There are some great discussions ongoing on
their mailing list[2]) incorporating our new logo (coming soon!)

4. Launch!

We're currently waiting on much of this for the web team and getting
our new logo, since moving forward with design is somewhat futile
without these.

Other ongoing web development tasks for the team:

  The web team is also looking to rebrand wiki.ubuntu.com, once that's
done we'll get wiki.ubuntu-women.org done as well.

  Our planet could use a new theme, but this hasn't really been
discussed, should be tackled once we relaunch the main page.

  Discussions about a team blog were side-tracked when we began
focusing on the main page, we need to cycle back to this soon.

Thanks everyone.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand2
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website

Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2