[UbuntuWomen] Bits from the Debian Women project

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 26 03:54:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 20:48, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> "Bits from the Debian Women project"
>> http://news.debian.net/2010/08/24/bits-from-the-debian-women-project/
>
> ....and a mention from the DPL[0] ..yay!  I loved the suggestion for a
> collaboration between UW and DW --since we are having a meeting
> tomorrow, does anyone have suggestions for this?

Leigh was there for their last meeting and I was able to drop by
briefly (but it was during the Linux Picnic here, doh!). The subject
of mentoring came up so I'd love for us to pursue that, it would be
great to inform and encourage women from UW who are interested in
packaging and development to check out the Debian Women training
classes:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/TrainingSessions

Plus to share tips for our mentoring programs between the teams. I
know both teams have done our share of successful mentorships, but
these successes haven't been widely communicated and I think sharing
best practices would be useful.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com