[UbuntuWomen] Thoughts on the website

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 9 16:32:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Maia Kozheva <sikon at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 1. Which address is more "canonical" - ubuntu-women.org or
> women.ubuntu.com? I'd prefer the second one, looks more like an
> officially endorsed project, but your call. I think one of them should
> redirect to the other to avoid confusion.

ubuntu-women.org is the one we have had for a very long time and is
the one that is most widely promoted. Although women.ubuntu.com does
look more officially backed, it simply doesn't have the longevity.

> 2. When are we going to see a logo update? I know there's a new logo,
> but is it ready to replace the one on u-w.org and planet.u-w.org, with
> the old pre-Lucid Ubuntu aesthetics?

We've already updated launchpad, identi.ca and a few other places. WRT
the website, as discussed at recent meetings and on our blueprint,
redeveloping the website is one of our Maverick goals, this is in
progress:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/community-m-ubuntu-women-project-m-goals

> 3. The copyright statement in the footer should be updated from
> 2006-2008 to 2006-2010.

Updated, thanks!

> 4. Is there a possibility that wiki.u-w.org will be made to use the u-w
> logo instead of the old Ubuntu logo?

See #2.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2