[UbuntuWomen] Work Play Day - Discussion and Review of Announcement and Photo Model Release Waiver

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 12 08:22:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi Amber,

Hi Matthew!

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Amber Graner <akgraner at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> The announcement has been modified to specify JPEG and PNG photo
>> formats as well as the CC License to match the License to match the
>> Option 1 Waiver on the wiki.
>
> This is definitely better. The first sentence of paragraph 3 is still
> out of place and should be deleted, in my opinion.

In Option 1 of the Waiver I have commented out the 1st sentence of paragraph 3.

> Also, in the exposition of what the license means, there is a bit of
> confusion between using the word "we" and the word "you" both to
> describe the person who is sharing the work.

I agree with you assessment of confusion but just grabbed the wording
from the CC website.  I hope the clarification as noted below will
help clear up any confusion by anyone who may not be familiar with the
license CC license.  Please advise, thanks!

I clarified you  - you and we are as it pertains to the license by
adding you (The Ubuntu Women and Ubuntu Projects) where you equals The
Ubuntu Women and Ubuntu Projects.

> So do I take it now from the choice of license that the intention is
> not to modify the photos or to use them for commercial purposes?

Yep the intent is to not modify or use for commercial purposes, unless
a waiver or less restrictive license as listed in the announcement is
granted or preferred by parent/guardian of child/model.

Thanks again Matthew and please let us know if this still needs tweaking.

Amber

--
Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://amber.redvoodoo.org/

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds