[UbuntuWomen] Mark Shuttleworth's comments

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:24:30 UTC 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 5:12:08 pm Caroline Ford wrote:
> Well he's the founder/funder but it's nice to know it goes all the way
> to the top. When people have had problems some people have thought 'if
> only Mark knew!' as though he'd stop it.
>
> Ubuntu has a code of conduct but nobody has ever been done for
> breaches of it. It's a meaningless piece of paper, a PR document.
>
> I'm interested that the leaders of the group didn't tell the list
> about the issue. Trying to protect him?

I was rather surprised nobody brought it up on their own til now.  It was well
over a week ago.  The blogosphere was going on about it. I just assumed the
reason people weren't talking here was because they were busy commenting on
one of the *many* blog posts about it.

But hey, here ya go...
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Shuttleworth_at_Linuxcon

--