[UbuntuWomen] Mark Shuttleworth's comments

Dakota sandahlb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:44:12 UTC 2009

Well, I disgusted by but not entirely surprised by it. For quite awhile
whenever I had a question and posted it here and there in the Linux
community it would be ignored. I would get the answer or help I needed if I
asked my brother to ask it in almost exactly  the same words. This is before
I heard this group or  him.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 04 October 2009 5:12:08 pm Caroline Ford wrote:
> > Well he's the founder/funder but it's nice to know it goes all the way
> > to the top. When people have had problems some people have thought 'if
> > only Mark knew!' as though he'd stop it.
> >
> > Ubuntu has a code of conduct but nobody has ever been done for
> > breaches of it. It's a meaningless piece of paper, a PR document.
> >
> > I'm interested that the leaders of the group didn't tell the list
> > about the issue. Trying to protect him?
>
> I was rather surprised nobody brought it up on their own til now.  It was
> well
> over a week ago.  The blogosphere was going on about it. I just assumed the
> reason people weren't talking here was because they were busy commenting on
> one of the *many* blog posts about it.
>
> But hey, here ya go...
> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Shuttleworth_at_Linuxcon
>
> --