[UbuntuWomen] Congratulations Amber Graner on Ubuntu Membership!

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:51:38 UTC 2009

Elizabeth,

You rendered me speechless.  Thank you!  I am really excited about becoming
a member.

Again, Thank you to everyone who encouraged and continues to encourage me
and others who are on this journey...

Can't wait to see where it goes!

:-)  Amber

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One of the most influential newcomers to Ubuntu this year has been
> Amber Graner. I met her first through the Ubuntu Women channel
> (#ubuntu-women on irc.freenode.net) and later met her in person at the
> Southeast Linuxfest a couple months ago. There her BOF sessions on
> involvement and LoCo teams were inspirational not only to myself but
> to other long-time LoCo folks, and her energy has been infectious :)
>
> So I'm very happy to congratulate her on her Ubuntu Membership!
>
> From the announcement[0] after the board meeting last night:
>
> Amber Graner:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AmberGraner | https://launchpad.net/~akgraner<https://launchpad.net/%7Eakgraner>
>
> Amber has had one of the most memorable first impressions with the
> Ubuntu community when you started with a bang with her blog, Just Me,
> Amber.  The blog was a way for her to share her experiences with
> joining, and becoming a very important part of, the Ubuntu community.
> She is currently helping plan the Atlanta Linux Fest and also an
> Ubuntu User Conference in 2010.
>
> [0]
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2009-July/000647.html
>
> --
> Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
> http://www.princessleia.com

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds