[UbuntuWomen] Nominations for the Ubuntu Women Project Leadership Position
akgraner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:23:40 UTC 2009
As most of you are aware we had a very EXCITING and AWESOMEmeeting
Which brings me to the point of this email - NOMINATIONS for the UBUNTU
WOMEN LEADERSHIP Position are open from December 10-23, 2009. See process,
timeline and responsibilities below:
Call for nominations. Each candidate will use a wiki template in a
standard location (
- When the call for nominations deadline is complete, there will be a
call for testimonials for the provided nominations.
- When the testimonials deadline is complete, the CC is sent the final
list of nominations and they will decide on a leader.
- When the CC has completed their decision, the leader is appointed and
the term length begins from that date.
Wiki template to be used
- Open Call For Nominations - 10th Dec. 2009 - so nominate yourself or
encourage someone else
- Nominations Deadline - 23rd Dec. 2009 - make sure basic information is
- Testimonials Deadline - 8th Jan 2010 - make sure all testimonials are
added by this date as this is when wiki's will go to CC
- CC Deadline - 15th Jan 2010 - date when CC deadline to confirm
appointment of leader
Responsibilities: (includes but not limited too)
- Sit the full term Length of one (1) year (after -M elections are held,
1st leader appointed by CC will be for a 6 month period at the end of
6months leader will be reevaluated and team will decided to extend current
leaders term or make a call for elections.
- Gathering input from team and other key community members and
finalizing a roadmap at the beginning of each cycle.
- Seek to serve the team and it's charter and help team members to agree
upon goals and be successful in achieving those goals.
- Maybe called on to resolve conflicts of varying nature
- Weekly Responsibilities: -Organizing and chairing regular IRC meetings
and coordinating the discussion to achieve agreed objectives and unblock
problems. - Taking care of meeting minutes and reporting those minutes in
the Team Reporting framework (may be delegated) - Following up with the
team on work items and cycle commitments to maximize the opportunity for
success. - leader to remind team of next meeting date at end of each
- Optional but encouraged: Attending UDS as a sponsored participant.
All information listed above can be found at
Process, Timeline, Responsibilities
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20091209 - Meeting
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20091209/logs - Logs
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20091209/Notes - Notes/Summary
Thanks everyone!! Remember if you or someone you know from the team would
make an awesome leader then please nominate yourself or encourage team
Just me Amber.
There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-Women