[UbuntuWomen] Congratulations to Ursula Junque on Ubuntu Membership!

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 13 01:18:40 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

This continues to be quite the year for women in Ubuntu, with yet
another woman becoming an Ubuntu Member!

This time we have our first female Ubuntu Member from Brazil, Ursula
Junque (Ursinha on IRC)! In addition to being a Canonical employee
working on tasks unrelated to her volunteer work with Ubuntu, since
Ubuntu Feisty she has done extensive work there in Brazil and
presented the board with an impressively thorough introduction and
application during the membership meeting.

Congrats Ursula!

>From the announcement[0]:

Ursula Junque:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UrsulaJunque | https://launchpad.net/~ursinha

Ursula is another Canonical employee who puts in an amazing amount of
work in the wider Ubuntu community outside of her normal working hours.
Much of her work revolves around the Brazillian Community team where she
helps maintain the Brazillian translation wiki. She is also active in
supporting the Brazillian team's event planning including giving
presentations about Launchpad and how to use it to make Ubuntu better.

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2009-August/000666.html

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com