[UbuntuWomen] New Subscriber

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 22 22:45:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Sara Magwene <smagwene at gmail.com> wrote:
> I joined the list because I am a new computer programming student, and I'd
> like to find ways to participate in the Ubuntu community that will also
> offer me ways to expand my learning.  I'm thinking bug squad might be a good
> place to start...But I'm open to any suggestions.

Welcome Sara!

The Bug Squad is a fantastic starting place for a variety of reasons:

 - Friendly team always looking for new, enthusiastic contributors,
regardless of experience

 - Gets you familiar with Launchpad, the development platform almost
all of Ubuntu uses, great for when you want to expand your involvement
beyond bugs

 - Exposes you to all kinds of software packages, triaging and
tracking down bugs may lead to greater involvement with projects that
interest you

Plus, Hug days are fun :)

For others interested, check out more info about the BugSquad here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

As the site says "The only skills necessary to join the Bug Squad are
curiosity and a desire to help: No need to know anything about
programming. Everything you need to know is on the wiki or can be
asked in IRC or on the mailing list."

Cheers,

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz // pleia2