[UbuntuWomen] Fw: Women's Logo

Vid.A vid at svaksha.com
Tue Jul 22 01:15:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:44 PM, ZaReason <zareason at gmail.com> wrote:
> A hardy thumbs up for TJS's points. Thanks for writing out the reasoning why
> it's important to have different fonts for Ubuntu and for Women.

Another point he mentioned was ...

/quoting Troy:

Knowing this was a FLOSS styled group, it was only fitting to use FLOSS
fonts.
In my opinion, it is one of the most beautiful fonts we have that
supports all of the internationalization etc., _and_ provides sources.

FreeSerif.

Note that if you design something, I'd suggest you adjust some of the
tracking (as I did) or subtle kernings.  Don't expect a typical 'off the
shelf' set of kernings to work for a given design.  I generally adjust
the tracking _every_ time I do a design.
Glad you like the logo considering that it is purely a sort of beta.  If
it goes through, I'd like to improve several elements and polish it up.

/endquoting Troy.

Since most of us (atleast the ones who've spoken up) like his design,
I'd suggest we get on with it and let him polish it up.

If someone has suggestions _please_ voice it now as we cant keep going
back and forth forever with changes.

--
Vid
who should (ideally) have her morning dose of caffeine before emails.