[UbuntuWomen] Meeting follow-up

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Fri Jan 25 15:09:02 UTC 2008

Tricia Bowen wrote:
> *gasp* is my response too!  My next response is how do I change my user
> name on the forum? Seriously. I've looked and can't find a way.
> Rejoining under a different username with the same email address is not
> allowed.

Unfortunately you cannot change your username in the forums.

>From the FAQ:
Can I change my username?
http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48
No. Usernames can not be changed - dashes can not be added, lowercase
cannot be made uppercase, etc. However, you may choose to create a new
account. The only exceptions to this are extreme cases, such as when a
user has been harassed by another user.

Note: If you do make a new account, you will have to transfer all
information yourself, as we will not do this for you. Also, we can't
transfer your statistics (beans, account age and the like) to the new
account.

You can, however, change your email address on your current account,
create a new account with the right email and then delete the old account.

Once logged in click:
(1) User CP (which is user control panel)
(2) choose "Edit Profile"
(3) click "Edit Email & Password"
(4) continue with the on-screen instructions.

In launchpad.net you CAN change your name...
(1) log into www.launchpad.net.
(2) click on your username (top right)
(3) click on "details" (left sidebar)
(4) change username and display name.