[UbuntuWomen] UW article for Fullcircle mag

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 11 20:18:25 UTC 2008

On 1/10/08, Vid Ayer <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cathy has a ready article so being short on time you might want to go
> with this for now. I kind of like the interview idea too, so maybe we
> can do an interview for each 'even' month of the year and keep tech
> articles for the 'odd' months of the year. Thoughts?

I very strongly object to having purely technical articles located in
a column about Ubuntu Women.

Cathy's articles sound fantastic - why should they be isolated to an
Ubuntu Women column? I think we should be encouraging her and other
women to contribute to the wider Full Circle Magazine publication.

I fear that by publishing technical articles under the special heading
of Ubuntu Women we're doing more damage, we're segregating ourselves
and not integrating.

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com