[UbuntuWomen] I told myself to be patient...

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 25 02:39:54 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Selene Lee <1024kb at 163.com> wrote:
> But still not getting start. I need a Mentor badly right now but don't
> know where to find one. Kindly please, is there anyone who is willing to
> become my (1 to 1?) Mentor? Thank you very much!!

You should take a look at our Mentoring page and current mentors listed:

http://ubuntu-women.org/mentoring.html

Are any of them doing  things you're interested in?

If not, please check out our MentoringRequest page on our wiki, which
is designed to let folks looking to mentor see what people are
interested in receiving mentoring in and which helps us match up
people who need Mentors to the appropriate projects:

http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/MentorRequest

> I have heavy job tasks in my company, and can not communicate with
> others in the daytime. I have no internet access at home. I have other
> pressure at home. I am a Chinese, so I have many hours of time
> difference with others... There seems to be tons of difficulties, but I
> will not give up! I feel thankful that others can accept me...

What hours UTC are you available? If you use the MentorRequest page
you might want to make a note of that under the "Comments"

> Everyday I get up very early to run to my office, to send and receive
> the mailing lists and communicate with others, in the evening I dive
> into the books and documents about Ubuntu and development. I believe
> that I will become a good contributor soon!

Great!

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com