[UbuntuWomen] Meeting Notes for March 11, 2007

Belinda A. Lopez dinda at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 02:34:03 UTC 2007

On Mar 13, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Caroline Ford wrote:

> This is what the Ubuntu desktop bugs team is for.
>>  * Susana volunteered to do a "session of going through the triage
>>   guide"
>>
> A session on triaging for ubuntu (using malone) may be more useful. We
> are coming up to beta freeze and need help with bug squashing for
> feisty.

Susana is leading a group for the Gnome Bugsquash Day which is why
the Gnome triage guide is being used.

>>   * Perhaps starting Mother's Day weekend? dinda suggested the
>> tagline
>>    "Bring your Mom to Ubuntu" ... "Even if you're not a Mom. . . "
>>   * Mother's day weekend falls on the weekend after UDS-Sevilla -
>> maybe
>>    this won't work out? We'll see...
>>
> Mothers Day is on different days in different countries eg it's in
> march
> in the UK.

Yip - we realize it's different in different places but we're just
looking for a starting point; something not too far off so we don't
lose momentum, perhaps some hook we can use.  Any other ideas what a
good date/event might be?

> Sorry this sounds so negative..
>
> Caroline

All very helpful feedback.   Any chance you can join us our next
meeting?  It's set for 25 March at 11:00 UTC on #ubuntu-women.  We
tried to schedule it a bit earlier so that our Aussie friends might
be able to make it.

Thanks to all who made the last meeting - great to have input from so
many voices!  and I'm luving all the new bloggers on planet.ubuntu-
women.org!

cheers,

Dinda